Translation from English

Friday, May 6, 2011

Killing bin Laden

Like a lot of people, I am glad Osama bin Laden has been killed...

Arguments that he should have been taken captive do not make sense to me. While Americans were holding him for trial, Al Qaeda and other related groups would have been taking hostages and demanding his release.

As a New Yorker who was shaken profoundly by the Twin Towers horror, I am also not particularly concerned if Pakistani territory was invaded or not. I suspect that some people in their government knew bin Laden was where he was.

This is not a time for great cheering and celebration and I feel Obama did the right thing but keeping his New York visit low key.

As for retaliation, these terrorist groups would have been planning and executing attacks they way they have in the past --if bin Laden had been killed or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered