Translation from English

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Smoking Bans

I was out today suddenly noticed I had not seen anyone smoking for a good while.

Then that all changed when I walked down 36th Street between Madison and Park Avenues, where I saw about a dozen people in doorways smoking away furiously.

I didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of this people head on ( they are probably in a bad mood because of all the new NYC smoking bans) --

This woman is walking down Park Avenue...with her back to me. Cigarette is in her right hand.

As an ex-smoker myself, I know how hard it is to quit and wonder whether banning smoking in city parks and other public places just is not one step further on the road to out-and-out prohibition.

Actually, all reports are that all the major tobacco companies have been planning for this for years and have diversified most of their assets...and there are still plenty of developing countries offering markets to be exploited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered