Translation from English

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Consumer World

Some popular products just keep chugging along year after year, despite all sorts of criticisms about how they are bad for you or the environment or just plain hoaxes of a kind...

People love Oreo cookie products. This poster with the Oreo donut amused me...how much more junk food can you get!

I just happened to be around the offices of the ad Agency (Tragos) representing another client when I saw them reviewing their intro campaign for Evian bottled Swiss water. This was back in the mid 1980's.

Tragos and his staff were laughing fit to burst about what a con the stuff was really, but how people would pay a lot of money for anything that was advertised the right way.

I don't know if Tide detergent is still as toxic for the environment as critics have always said, but as everyone keeps noting, "It gets clothes clean!"  I confess to using it myself, despite always resolving to try something like the newest version of the more benign ( I imagine) Arm and Hammer detergent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered