Translation from English

Friday, September 21, 2012

Shingles Vaccinations....at Duane Reade Store

My doctor wanted me to get a Shingles vaccination but said I would have to get one at a Pharmacy that was dispensing shots...

Rite Aid, where I go for my prescriptions, is giving flu shot shots but not those for Shingles. Checked with Nurse's Office at my clinic and found that Duane Reade Drug Store very close to me had a doctor there who gave the shots.

Getting the shot set up was harder than it needed to be. Staff at Pharmacy were confused about how I was supposed to pay for shot...

Got it all worked out eventually and got vaccinated.

I was a little surprised how insistent my doctor was that I get this shot, but from what I have been reading apparently the Shingles problem is becoming a big deal now.

Have an old high school friend who got shingles while on a trip to China...I had heard vaguely of Shingles but had never known anyone who had it.

My friend suffered a hell of a lot because of it and it almost did him serious nerve damage..

Let me see what I can find on internet about Shingles 

http://www.immunize.org/askexperts/experts_zos.asp  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered