Translation from English

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Midtown kids and their nanny

These upper middle class (or better) kids in Midtown play on a nice December day under the watchful eye of their nanny...they undoubtedly live in one of the huge high rise condo buildings close by to this otherwise abandoned plaza space.

My sister once told me she felt guilty when she first got a nanny for her kids so she could keep working at her landscape architect job....I told her look, everyone who can afford a nanny in NYC has one, and I doubt it is much different up there in Massachusetts....

She and her husband continued to live their incredibly busy social life as well...as it happened, she told me morosely some years later that her younger son DID however say to her one day, "when I grow up I am going to be rich  enough(as if his parents were not well off!) so that my wife never has to work and we need a nanny."

Induced enormous guilt trip in my sister of course...but not enough for her to dismiss any of the nannies that came and went...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered