Translation from English

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Good Old Brownstone Stoop

Some people really LOVE the old "stoops" (front steps-- I presume "stoop" probably comes from the Dutch or something,  (I will have to google the entymology of that)-- anyway, just because they are such a tradition does not mean everyone sees them as a plus! Here are two similar buildings next door to each other in Murray Hill...one with old stoop there as always, the other where it they removed it and made the downstairs entrance the Main Entrance.
  I guess this is another example of that old saw, "You pays your money, you takes your choice."

1 comment:

  1. i love those stoop,I'll use it when I got home!
    =D
    thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered