Translation from English

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blatt's Billiards and Strand Bookstore on Broadway -- a time warp here

Strand Bookstore is there, in a way I am not surprised (Broadway at Tenth Street I believe, I may be off by a block, I have not been there in so long)...and just up the street on the other side, Blatt Billiards looks so much like it did in the 1970's even that it is kind of incredible.

I think Strand is the only survivor of all the old, specialty and used book stores in the area..was always a place for discounts, mainly...

Blatt's survival so intact is wild, it is like a time warp, and I half expect to see that huge canvas of poker playing dogs still in the window. THAT would be something...but it would also be Twilight Zone I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered