Translation from English

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Big Belly Solar Compacters...solar compacters in general if need be

Just noticed this one said solar compactor and I want to know more about that...

Let me see what I can find 

From ISPYNewYork.com blog

Here’s what blogger Marc212 had to say:
New York, NY -  I saw something new this morning walking through Union Square that I hadn’t seen before — a solar powered trash compactor!
Apparently, they’ve been around for nearly a year but I just noticed yesterday.  The site UnionSquareNYC.org says:
“BigBelly’s Greening Union Square – USP is the first business improvement district in NYC to pilot the use of BigBelly solar-powered trash compactors. Three units were placed at some of the district’s busiest corners at 14th St & B’way, 14th St & University Place, and 17th St & B’way to gauge their effectiveness. The compactors have already made a huge impact by reducing garbage collection frequency by nearly 70% at these corners.”
Read the Full Blog
See the UnionSquareNYC.org Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered