Translation from English

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Onassis Mens Clothes- Soho



(Image from internet) (Time Out originally in this case)

This place sells reasonably fashionable clothes for men at reasonable prices (for Manhattan)

Great reviews except for one sour apple

  • 71 Greene St
    New York, NY 10012
    b/t Spring St & Broome St in SoHo
  • Transit information 4 6 6X A C E N R Get Directions
  • Phone number (212) 966-8869
  • Business website onassisclothing.com
Yelp Ad

Levi's Store

23 reviews
0.1 Miles away from Onassis Clothing
Sam L. said "Okay, here's the deal - Despite being gay, I really really hate shopping. I only go when I actually need something. Like pants.…" read more
  • 4/5/2013
    1 check-in here
    Listed in Yelp 100 for 2013

    I put off writing a review for Onassis simply because I felt so amazingly biased after I left.  I wanted to reflect on my emotions and make the best decision for all of us.

    Let me get off my damn high horse.  The service at Onassis is excellent.  Sunday afternoon Champagne. A mini-bar in the back. Staff that will help shop for you. It's a wonderful feeling.  The clothes feel great, look great, and are fairly unique. The ambiance and layout make the store feel warm and open and leave you feeling great if you buy something or not.  The best part is, the clothes are very affordable. Unlike many men's stores in SoHo, I can buy multiple items without weeping.

    I want to go back. Right. Now. Thank you, Onassis.
  • 6/18/2012
    SoHo is full of shops that I would love to shop at but can't afford. I have a thing for anchors and when we saw this place we just wanted to check it out just to see....but SHOCK, this place was really affordable. I got a pair of some pretty cool slutty shorts which I love.
    Only problem I had was that the tanks that I really liked weren't available in my size.
    Joshua G.
    Comment from Joshua G. of Onassis Clothing
    Business Customer Service
    6/21/2012 Hi Max, we're happy you like our short shorts we love them too! What tank size are you?  We get new… Read more
  • 1/28/2013
    2 check-ins here
    I am now a fan of Onassis. The staff was friendly and the price point was perfect. I was here yesterday and they had plenty of stuff on sale. It was an additional 30% off for sale items. Instead of a shopping bag, they give you tote bags to carry your stuff home. I will definitely return soon for newer styles.
    • 81 friends
    • 1844 reviews
    9/14/2010
    1 check-in here First to Review
    Love love love - the interior and design of this place is pretty damn awesome.

    Even though this is Men's Clothing only...women can come here and get yourself a cup of joe or tea - CAFE in the back while getting gifts for the man or men in their life!

    Guys...check this place out - really nice threads!

    Met a cutie name Josh there too...he's absolutely hilarious!
  • 5/31/2011
    Awesome threads for very reasonable prices, especially when they have sales.  I just bought a bunch of polo shirts during their Memorial Day Polo BOGO (buy 1 get 1 free) sale.  They normally range from $38 - $48 so essentially you are getting them for $19 - $24 each.  Tough to beat this deal since the quality of their shirts are fantastic.  The cotton they use is super soft to the touch and extremely comfortable.  I also purchased a few of their button downs which are equally as comfortable as their polos.  I'm a huge fan of their slim fit designs.

    Not to mention, their customer service is top notch.  The people that work there are all really friendly and helpful.  I ended up ordering a few items online because they weren't available in store and the order process was silky smooth.  I was informed via email of the each step of the order status from beginning to end, including tracking number when the items shipped.  After only one day of placing the order, I received my stuff and was surprised to find a personalized, handwritten note on a postcard plus a high quality tote bag as a gift.  How can you beat that?!

    One more thing - there's a nice cafe in the back of the store where you can get free coffee while you're shopping.  When the woman at the register offered me a cup of coffee, I told her I wasn't big on coffee so I jokingly remarked that I'd take a smoothie instead, if they had.  Guess what?  They made me a delicious protein smoothie!

    Onassis rocks.
  • 12/10/2010
    So, I don't know if it's fair for a girl to review this store but here goes.

    My fashionable brother came to visit me and we went to Onassis after I read about it on New York Magazine. The store is really nice and pretty empty on a Wednesday night. I was exhausted after a long day of shopping and was really happy to see the coaches on the back of the store. As soon as I sat down, a really nice guy approached me and asked me if I wanted a complimentary coffee. I couldn't believe it! Free coffee, sign me up! He made me a really good capuccino and turned on the TV so I could watch it.

    My brother purchased a lot of stuff and said their prices were pretty good.
  • 4/24/2011
    I don't usually write reviews because English is not my first language and it usually took me hours to write anything, so yes! it has to be that GREAT for me to want to write a review.

    What I really love about Onassis is that they sell all sorts of high end quality items, such as solid color T-Shirts, Sweaters, Jeans, Hoodies...all at good prices.

    Here is the story -- I went to Onassis for the first time today  and found the following things that set this store apart from other Soho stores:

    1). Free drink at the entrance!
    2). I do not think there is another store where you can find similar prices for the quality plus top-notch customer service.
    3). The cute lady named Michelle ( I think she is the manager ), who took us to a cafeteria in the back and chatted with us while she was making us free coffee!

    Although the store has mainly men's clothing but I will definitely go back because:
    1). I found some super cute "The Boy-friend style outfits" that looked gorgeous on me as well.
    2). If you are shopping around with your BF/HB, you must take him there, because you will get a place in the back to hang out with free WIFI, free drinks, and super comfortable sofas while your BF is shopping. It feels like you are sitting in a Starbucks with skylight and free coffee, with no one to bother you.

    The prices for the clothing are surprisingly affordable, and qualities are super nice

    If you are looking for an usual clothing store on the Soho, you have to Check it out before it becomes super popular! It is like an undiscovered gem in Soho.
  • 6/20/2012
    Came here on a web magazine recommendation while visiting town. Super helpful staff. Great clothes at a decent price. Store is nicely designed. The only thing I wonder about, why are the clothes made in China? Not a complaint, just a question. If they were made in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or India, why would they be any better, I ask myself.
    Joshua G.
    Comment from Joshua G. of Onassis Clothing
    Business Customer Service
    6/21/2012 Hi Maybe Milan, thank you for your comment! Can you tell us which web magazine recommended us? Our… Read more
  • 2/22/2013
    My name is Joe Mode(on facebook) and I attended the event tonight at the Soho. I have been to events at the location before and had nothing but the best time. I have even made friends with associates who are employees at the store.  In my professional life I am a producer/event planner/marketer in the LGBT world. I have worked in customer service my entire adult life.  If there is one thing I understand is customer service and how to produce an event as well as treat people at an event that I am hosting. Now unknowing to the store, hoping to do a favor for my friend who is an employee.  When I got the invite I added it to my eblast which goes out to over 4,000 people and I event went as far as to create an event page with it to invite my 2,000 FB friends http://www.facebook.com/…

    I arrived at the event to find most of the people there were actually people from my list and as the night progressed numerous people attended because of my invites. It was a lovely  time.  Now the gift bags were limited and my friend who never comes to events like this were able to get one of the bags at the beginning before they were gone.  As the evening was coming to an end I had a chance to speak with one of the new managers and in our conversation I shared with him how I promoted the party.  One of the sales associates by us commented as to how he noticed I knew so many people at the party. I told that manager that I would speak highly of the place and that I wanted to bring an event to the location and we left off on a great note.

    I went back to the floor to find my friend who wanted a fresh drink.  We went to a bar and my friend approached and was rudely put on hold by the man behind the bar who was paying attention to a woman back there with him.  The bartendar arrived and we got our drink. We left and I got a text from my friend who came with me thanking me for the invite and telling me that I could have the items from his gift bag because they were a large and he is an extra small man.

    I found the manager I spoke with earlier and explained situation about my friend and the large sizes in his bag. I politely asked him if I could exchange the 2 items in my bag for 1 small item I could give to my friend.  He said he had to ask the other manager who turned out to be the guy who was rude to me and my friend earlier on at the bar.  I look at me like I was crazy and said"what, I'm not going to exchange that, they aren't even on the floor.  That was a gift".  I tried to explain the situation to him and he gave me so much attitude like I was trying to rob them or something.  Unfortunately this escalated into a very bad situation.  He left and the other manager tried to apologize and resolve the situation.  So I went and purchased an item for my friend so that he could have something.  I later approach Brandon to apologize for what happened and he still gave me an attitude and said he wasn't having this conversation.  When It was all said and done I had encountered several of my associates who were present that had "shady" moments with Brandon.

    I just want to say that this is one of the saddest displays of upper management.  Brandon had no  idea who I was, or what I did for his event, or how many people I reach daily with my FB, eblast, and blog.  I hope that this is not a full representation on your store or company.  Because I will never ever do business with you again.  Or purchase an item again.  Or refer anyone of my people to your store again. I have never encounter a store manager having so much disregard for guests in their store.  I hope that in some way this post will make you pass on to your employees and specifically management.  that you don't know who you are talking to or taking care when they come in that store.  Unfortunately I am one of those people.
  • 12/15/2012
    Very helpful, but not pushy sales staff.  High quality, but reasonably priced clothing. Slim flattering cuts and sizing.  Stylish/classic without over -branding. Also they have complementary coffee/ juice bar. Amazing.
  • 7/22/2011
    don't want to tell anyone about this spot....but worth checking on...
  • 1/13/2012
    Got there by chance.Great place, great people,nice clothes, good prices and good café !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered