Translation from English

Monday, November 25, 2013

St. Petersburg-- Midtown

Just thought I would check in on this place we had looked at before

Still only two reviews! Both raves.

I wonder what is going on here

From the business owner

Mention Yelp & get 10% off 1st in-store purchase!
  • 9/20/2013
    First to Review
    I felt like I've just visited "Mother Russia" without hopping on a train to Brighton Beach!!! Now anyone can have that unique feeling just wandering at the 5th ave and doing the regular "window shopping". I decided to stop by Starbucks for my "wake up" latte...but what really woke me up is that red lettered sign - "GRAND OPENING" and russian themed decorated display. "Can't be...", - I thought to myself. Little Russia in the heart of Manhattan??? Still pinching myself, I walked in. I was really impressed and felt like a kid in the candy store. All those gorgeous nesting dolls, porcelain, ushankas, woolen shawls, stuff for russian Banya, toys...and lots of books!!! From Leo Tolstoy to modern authors. I think the shop assistants thought I was crazy, when I spent nearly an hour looking through the books and skim reading some of them:). I ended up buying "Cheburashka"!!! OMG, it is such a hillarious toy!!! And it speaks in russian if you press its paw:)). It made my day. Definitely, will come back!!! I've noticed a lot of russian style christmas ornaments, so now I have an idea, what my tree is gonna look like this year:)!
  • 9/29/2013
    Congratulations on opening a new store in the tourist district of Manhattan!  I wish you a lot of success!  The store has a lot of interesting things for different age groups from kids toys to fine and elegant china.  You can find there everything from souvenirs to birthday gifts. You will learn a lot about Russia just by looking at the shelves and talking to the experienced sales people.  So, you can combine you shopping experience with getting a new knowledge about Russian culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-- or suggestions, particularly of topics and places you'd like to see covered